April 2012: It's all about the money
A 10YearsAfter to mark the Financial New Year!
Here's an interesting piece about how New Year's day used to be March 25th and called Lady Day: a possible origin of the early April date for the start/end of the Fiscal Year?
This may have been a good topic to talk about during the show but there was not enough time. Not enough time because of the copious amount of music. Here's a track listing:
- I Need Money: Slim Harpo
- Because of Money: 3rd Generation Band
- Sold to the Highest Bidder: Electric Prunes
- Hard Time: Count Alert
- Oh Lord give Us More Money (my edit): Holger Czukay
- Calculator: Rogers Sisters
- You Never Give Me Your Money: The Beatles
- Estate Sale: Eels
- Providence (intro only): Godspeed You Black Emperor
- The Imperial March (my edit): John Williams
- Cheepnis: Frank Zappa & The Mothers
- Money Make Friend: Yellow Man
- Waiakanaio: Led Kaapana
- One Nation Under A Groove: Funkadelic
- Zabadak: Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
- The New Soft Shoe: Gram Parsons
- Mind Over Money: Turin Brakes
10YearsAfter, the most intermittent of radiocasts, is back with an hour of great tunes and mediocre small-talk about dead folk, books and, erm, Grosvenor Square.